Помощь - Поиск - Пользователи - Календарь
Полная версия этой страницы: Рельеф мэппер плагин!
Форум .:3DCenter.ru:. > Трехмерные полезности > База ссылок
Страницы: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Fabio Policarpo
Lary and 111:

I know about those problems... silhouette does not show displace and shadows project on the original non-displaced surface. They are two different things that work ok on real-time using shaders but is more complicated to implement in 3dsmax.

I think I can do the curved relief mapping for good silhouettes creating a new modifier plugin that will compute the curvature information from the mesh and map it to a separate mapping channel (say channel 2). All I need is two float values per vertex so could put this in a mapping channel like the UVW Map plugin.

For shadows to project correctly over the displaced geometry we need to modify the depth valules in the Z-Buffer adding the displace so that displaced depth values would be availble to the shadow calculation later on. But I do not know how to do it from a texture plugin. Maybe I will need a filter plugin to update all zbuffer values from relief mapped object.

Grover:

Transparency should work ok with current plugin (ver 1.7). All you need to do is copy the relief mapping object as instance to the opacity channel. Make sure the transparency map is stored in color texture alpha channel. The holes should be black while opaque areas white. You must make the holes in the same area in the color texture as they apper in the normal/depth texture. If you can not get this to work send me your two texture maps (color with transparency and normal with depth) I will take a look over here.
Grover
2 Fabio

Thanks agane, it works correct as i want!

I didn't wrote it, but before i asked you i tryed to get it the way you advice me and i didn't got it. Maybe something was wrong...

That do you think about correct shadows along bumped surfaces?

Thank you agane, and agane, and agane!!! Please don,t stop your experiments!
Grover

Приятна работа с функцией 2-sided.

На картинке ничего особенного, нужно избавиться от резкого края отверстия, но то оно вообще работает меня радует.
Grover
2 Fabio

Hi, is it posible make a slot in relief maping plg-in for using simple bump maping over relief maping?
Grover
2 Fabio

Excuse me if i bugging you, but I have a question agane.
How must i use Real-World scale in relief plug-in, if i wont use maps in slots for opacity which dimension i know, in acsample 25mm x 25 mm? When i set texture sise to 25x25 both in bitmap slot and in main relief slot, i can't get the result that i need. Maybe you'll help me agane?!!!
Fabio Policarpo
I'm working on curved relief mapping now. With it we will be able to get better silhouettes. I have a beta ver 1.8 for the plugin supporting it... check out the attached screenshots (notice how the displace is visible at the object silhouette).

Still need to ajust a few parameters until I release it... but I will post it soon.
triar
Super! It impossible! smile.gif
Vladik
Господа хорошие я тут в випе рисую по теме могу офигенно потестить в работе реальной... hттp://www.3dcenter.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=47516&st=0&p=549836&
базу скачал ту что с плугом шла ...
Вышлите пожалуйста нормал+дифуз мап камней чтоб было похоже на
песчанник. Или хотябы нормальный дифуз. Если не втягость конечно -
просто если я чбдисплейс с дифуза в шопе еще куда ни шло нарисую то нормал мап мне одному не одалеть текучка наступает на горло.
Grover
2 Vladik

Для создания нормалмэпов Фабио положил в архив плага в папку tools файл ReliefMappingUtility.dlu - кидаешь его в папку plugins макса, после этого у тебы в закладке Утилитис появляется утилита для создания нормалмэпов из геометрии. Моделируешь свой кусок песчанника, выделяешь модель и с помошью утилиты Фабио генеришь карту рельефа...
you rock, man!!
Yehat
Снимаю шляпу, господа.
Lary
Super! What about shadow? Ray-traced shadow cast edge of pbjects in new realise???

Вот кстати сравнение ReliefMapping и Displace.
минута пятнадцать против минуты пятидесяти.
Lary
И еще...
Lary
Не правда ли, результат практически эдентичен. Осталось лишь 3 вещи:
края, тени и пересечения. 8)
Yehat
да посмотрите же, наконец, первый пост на этой странице
triar
@ Yehat - без паники и отсылки нас в начало - всё мы читали и всё знаем, просто здесь мы ведём диалог с разработчиком, и он скоро именно здесь анонсирует на весь мир и выложит продукт своего творчества - мир не без добрых людей smile.gif Regards Fabio, Thanks! - You - RockArchMan!
Yehat
Не не, я... просто восхищён smile.gif
Правда. Это не просто плугин, это бомба smile.gif.
С нетерпением жду релиза.
Rappye
Really useful thing, even if not instead of displace - but how to do easyest a bit preparing for bitmaps for it without map of normals and so on, seems too terrible to prepare them.

later.
Pardon for desinformatin, Fabio, my complements, your plugin rulezz.
Sorry, it's easy to use, easy to prepare, thanx Sintez for explanations.
Yehat
Fabio, I can't drag picture files from Explorer or any Viewer to slots
in Your plugin (see picture). When I try - nothing happens.
With standart materials and maps it's work very well.
Please, can You fix it? It's very usefull.
sprayer
2Yehat Текстура вставляется просто она не обновляется в слоте, поэтому не видно названия в слоте. Зайди в него и вернись назад и все появиться. А исправить это конечно нужно.
похоже на то...

тогда непонятно как оно себя на отражениях будет вести...
denissavin
Нормально будет себя вести
Если шейдер правильно написан
Shiva
да RIPPER_RUNA, именно ими и делается )) а ты как думал?
осталось ввести модифицированный z-bufer и будет вааще зашибись )
Demon Guardian
Это не прозрачность, а глюк псевдодисплейса, встречается при малых углах обзора или падения теней. На предыдущих картинках он тоже встречается.
И потом, Фабио же ясно написал - просили реальное искривление краев и теней? Получите и распишитесь - версия 1.8 во всей своей красе.
Lary
So, where is it???
RGhost
Fabio, сould you add check boxes for disable/enable their associated map, as an example in checker map?
Shiva
Demon Guardian ты не в теме.
Demon Guardian
Demon Guardian ты не в теме.
*** Из поста Фабио на предыдущей странице:

I know about those problems... silhouette does not show displace and shadows project on the original non-displaced surface. They are two different things that work ok on real-time using shaders but is more complicated to implement in 3dsmax.

I think I can do the curved relief mapping for good silhouettes creating a new modifier plugin that will compute the curvature information from the mesh and map it to a separate mapping channel (say channel 2). All I need is two float values per vertex so could put this in a mapping channel like the UVW Map plugin.

For shadows to project correctly over the displaced geometry we need to modify the depth valules in the Z-Buffer adding the displace so that displaced depth values would be availble to the shadow calculation later on. But I do not know how to do it from a texture plugin. Maybe I will need a filter plugin to update all zbuffer values from relief mapped object.

*** А вот конкретно про рельефность на изгибах.

I'm working on curved relief mapping now. With it we will be able to get better silhouettes. I have a beta ver 1.8 for the plugin supporting it... check out the attached screenshots (notice how the displace is visible at the object silhouette).

*** Описание Curved Relief Mapping с его сайта:

This new version uses a quadric (in the form A.x^2 + B.y^2 = z) to curve the ray intersecting the depth map. We compute curvature coefficients A and B for every vertex in model. Then in fragment shader the ray is curved to follow object curvature. This way we get nice silhouettes showing the relief at the object borders. This version requires four extra floats per vertex, two for the size of texture tile and 2 for the curvature (A and B from above quadric equation).

Т.е. из величины z depth и карты глубины рассчитываются коэффициенты искривления для каждого вертекса модели. Прозрачность тут не причем, о ней речь шла в версии 1.7 yawn.gif
Короче читаем внимательней и не выпендриваемся. sleep.gif

Shiva
2Demon Guardian: а ты глупее чем я думал. )))
Shiva
2 RIPPER_RUNA: а никто не на кого не обиделся. wink.gif
мне просто лень обьеснять.
но оффтопить прекращать надо.
Ждемс обновлений от Фабио.
Demon Guardian
QUOTE(Shiva @ Jan 18 2006, 23:54)
... я думал. )))
[right][snapback]552918[/snapback][/right]
Видимо у тебя это плохо получается. Тренируйся на кроссвордах по 5 минут в день и не слишком перегружай мозг длинными словами - еще надорвешься. 42[1].gif
Helionaut
Ребят, вы может приватными мессагами разбересь? Зачем флэймить?
Grover
2 Fabio

Fabio, I realy need a posibility to use real-world map scale with your plug-in!!!
Please make it posible!!!
[COLOR=red]
triar
плиз почистите свои посты, а то Фабио обидется и покинет наш форум, потерявшись в наших некоструктивных базарах
Fabio Policarpo
Ver 1.8 already uses real world depth value (with or without using the new optional curved relief mapping for displace visble at silhouette).

I was sick for a few days and could not do anything since monday.... but I'm better now and will try to get ver 1.8 closed as soon as possible.
Helionaut
Thank you very much for your work! We are waiting for 1.8 =)
Grover
2 Fabio

Thank you very match for your work! Fabio, if your mesage about "real world depth value" was adressed to me, i must repeat my asking. I've asked not about "real world depth value" - I mean Real-World Mapping. Simply enter "Real-World Mapping" in Max Reference and you'll anderstand me.
Shiva
2 Grover: еще крупнее шрифт сделай, а то он тебя так не заметит в толпе. )))

2 triar: та ладно, Фабио тоже человек, даже болеет как мы )) чего ему обижаться то. Пусть лучше выздоравливает. wink.gif

2 Demon Guardian: спасибо что беспокоишься за меня. Я уже целиком и полностью в поисках кроссвордов и на досуге тренируюсь на коротких предложениях аля "мама мыла раму". Подождем выхода 1.8 и посмотрим Как и Для чего там будет задействован слот Opacity. Там и видно будет Ху из Кто. wink.gif
Fabio Policarpo
I think that is a new feature from max 8 (only have max 6 here).

My help files do not talk about Real World Mapping ... can you post more information about it?
Demon Guardian
Grover, ты хотя б по русски обьясни че за real-world mapping scale, а то мой референс тоже ничего подходящего не выдает. smile.gif
Это система координат чтоли? Ну там object (local), world, tangent space?
Shultz
real-world map size
it placed here

user posted image

user posted image

and here

user posted image

map tiling based on chosen size. so texture with size 1x1 m will tile 2 times on object with size 2 m
DrFlash
QUOTE(anty @ Jan 3 2006, 22:05)
НО проблема генереных нормал мап ( из хай мап) именно в качестве, они скажем так абстрактные - пример -CoD2 вроде нормал, а что то не естеснвенно
[right][snapback]539831[/snapback][/right]

в код2 не нормалки, а странного вида бамп:
Demon Guardian
Shultz, ясно, это все-таки 8-й макс. У меня в битмапах такой галочки нет.

2Fabio, is there any opportunity to make relief mapping work in object space, not tangent. smile.gif
Shultz
2 Demon Guardian 7.5 на самом деле
Grover
2 Fabio

As it shown in Shultz's post Real-world mapping is posibility if you know size of your texture in real-word units (such a mm, m, cm, inches etc.) set it size in maps options in this units too. This feature comes thith max 7.5 and 8.
As I know trying to use this feature with your plugin, it works (if we talk about tiling only) correct if in relief maps options i leav tiling 1x1 with real-world turned-off, and in bitmap's slots i use real-world mapping and set the textures sise as I need. But in this case i can't play with depth factor - nothing shanges, as I can see, but maybe I did something wrong...

Thank you agane and sorry if i bugging you.
Fabio Policarpo
QUOTE(Demon Guardian @ Jan 21 2006, 18:29)
2Fabio, is there any opportunity to make relief mapping work in object space, not tangent. smile.gif

I do not think using object space normal maps is a good idea. Tangent space normal maps allow you to deform the mesh without changing the normal map.

If object space normal map is used, everytime the mesh deforms you have to recalculate the normal map (not possible for animated meshes for example).

So you should stick with tangent space normal maps as they are much more efficient to use than object or world space normal maps.

Good news about ver 1.8... I have it all finished now.... just need some testing tomorrow before I release it.

Can not say anything about Real World Mapping Scale as my version of max does not include this feature. Upgrading my max 6 to 8 costs too much... I will try to get a developer release for ver 8 for free from discreet but do not know if I will get it.
Big Hobbit
Hello Fabio
we r waiting for your new release drinks.gif

about 3ds max 8, you can down load Free Trial from here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index...3112&id=5708192

and here is some thing u may need!

h--p://crackzplanet.com/get_78658_AUTODESK.3D.STUDIO.MAX.V8.0-XFORCE_crack.html
triar
Fabio - try this direct link for trial 30 days 3dsmax8 smile.gif http://nct.digitalriver.com/fulfill/0049.034
triar
max 8 sdk : http://sparks.discreet.com/
triar
вот маленький тест новой беты 1.8 - Fabio, thanks! Its work! Congratulations! smile.gif
& comparison VRayDisplace - test - time=34min sad.gif
Для просмотра полной версии этой страницы, пожалуйста, пройдите по ссылке.
Форум IP.Board © 2001-2019 IPS, Inc.